We have three beautiful cabins. We receive families and groups of students.
In Albergue El Socorro, we have capacity for housing groups with up to thirteen persons.
- Private bathroom with hot water
- Natural ventilation
- Bedding: 1 double and 2 singles
Tranquility, fresh air and peace…
Tour to the San Fernando River Waterfall: : A 4-km recreational adventure..
This adventure will take you to get the best pictures of birds, flowers and other wildlife that reigns in these mountains. Furthermore, it is very refreshing because you will have an opportunity to take a dip in the river’s natural pools. There’s no need to describe the impressive waterfall that you’ll see on the tour. Don’t give it a second thought and make your reservation. Más información
Las Lomas Trail Tour: a path immersed in the songs of the birds with elusive mammals that appear on the trail.
The tour begins at the hotel on the 1-km loop trail that takes the whole family through the primary and secondary forest surrounding Posada Rural Albergue El Socorro’s facilities.
Don’t hesitate and contact us now.
Tour from Vara Blanca: During this tour we will see several farms, pastures and mountains on the way to the inn. We’ll learn part of the history of this marvelous rural landscape and we will encounter many animals. Don José offers his services as a local guide escort. Más información
Tour from the Sarapiquí River: This is a hike on the traditional countryside path to the inn, crossing the Sarapiquí River and continuing up the mountain in the middle of a rural Costa Rican setting. Más información
Other options in Caño Negro:
- Horseback rides
- Farm activities
- Tours for bird watching
Complete the form below and make your RESERVATION NOW!
- All reservations must be received written via email or fax.
- The department will receive the reservation request and will answer via email or fax, up to 24 hours, indicating payment time limit.
- Only a written confirmation by Posada Rural El Socorro is valid.
- No pets, with the exception of guide dogs for visual impaired people, which should be indicated in the reservation request.
- Check IN: 2:00 PM Check OUT: 12:00 Noon.
Cancellations must be written and confirmed by Posada Rural Albergue El Socorro. Cancellation policies during the high season (December 1 to April 30) are as follows:
- A full refund applies if the cancellation is received 15 days before the arrival.
- A refund will not apply if cancellation is received 14 days before the arrival.
- A refund will not apply for late cancellations, “no shows” or unused portions of services previously reserved and confirmed.
Cancellation policies during the low season (May 01 – November 30.) are:
- A refund will not apply if cancellation is received 8 days before arrival.
- A refund will not apply if cancellation takes place 9 days before the arrival.
- Reimbursement is not applicable for late cancellations, “no shows” or unused portions of services previously reserved and confirmed.
- Meals for guides and drivers:
- From 1 to 5 people, guides and drivers have to pay $ 4 per meal (tax included).
- From 6 to 10 people or more, the guide is CPL and the driver has to pay $ 4 per meal (tax included).
- 11 people or more, CPL applies to both.
- If a group comes with a Tour Leader, besides the Tour Operator guide, Tour Leader pays full rate.
- Accommodation for guides and drivers:
- From 1 to 4 rooms, a $25 charge applies (tax included) for both.
- Special policies apply for family trips, Site inspections and press.
A bank deposit or voucher must guarantee all reservations from the Tour Operator. Credit cards are not accepted, only US Dollars or local currency.
Bank deposits or bank transfers must be made at the following bank accounts:
Banco Nacional de Costa Rica
María Isabel Solano Alvarado
Customer account in Dollars: 15202001098967836
What will you find at Albergue El Socorro?
We have the following attractions in our biological reserve:
- Nearly 5 kilometers of trails
- Several waterfalls
- A deep river for a refreshing dip
Get your camera ready because this forest is home to more than 200 species of birds.
We have a dairy where you can take the opportunity to learn how to milk cows and learn about the process for making cheese, sour cream and yogurt.
You can also help us feed our animals and pick the vegetables you want to eat from our garden.
Dishes that are 100% Costa Rican from the hands of Doña María Isabel.
Your stay includes:
- Afternoon coffee with exquisite homemade cake.
We also serve vegetarian meals.
We have a full house, equipped and ready to host groups of students and researchers, among other groups.
This is a fully equipped house with four bedrooms, two bathrooms and two balconies.
It is very spacious and bright.
- Two bathrooms with hot water
- Double and single beds
- More space to put mattresses and / or mats